Friday, April 22, 2016








Sewing

I enjoy working with my hands. All of the quilts I have made were all by hand. The wall decorations were sewn on this old machine that I have. Believe me I have had three other machines but this old one is the best and never breaks down. The bobbin doesn't hold much and it can get frustrating but it does beautiful work. I have made dolls, rabbits stuffed animals and etc...even dabbled in macrame for a while. I won several ribbons on my cross stitch pictures.

This seamstress machine was made over before I got it. The foot pedal was removed and changed to an electric motor.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful old machine! Made to last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it for a song many years ago. The cover is made of wood.

      Delete
  2. Looks like an old, but reliable sewing machine :) Wonderful for those who are creative like you are!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother was a quilter and left me so many of her lovely ones. She also left me her pedal Singer. It's a beauty with all the scrolls painted on the machine. Even the wood cabinet is beautiful.

    I appreciate anyone who can piece together all those squares and triangles to make such amazing designs. That takes talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother was a quilter and left me so many of her lovely ones. She also left me her pedal Singer. It's a beauty with all the scrolls painted on the machine. Even the wood cabinet is beautiful.

    I appreciate anyone who can piece together all those squares and triangles to make such amazing designs. That takes talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice old sewing machine. It reminds me of R Mamaw's that I learned to sew on years ago.

    I still have my very first sewing machine that I ordered from Spiegel catalog back in the 60's. It still works too, but I keep it in the original case in the closet and use my Pfaff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.