Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Letter "D" Dog

 
This is a picture of my pure bread Cocker Spaniel not long after I brought him home. They are said to be hyper but mine isn't. He is very possessive though. My Andy Rooney is just a big baby. I named him after the late Andy Rooney because he had such bushy eyebrows when we first brought him home. I consider my big boy as a gift from God.
From the Guinness book of world records of 1989 the greatest weight ever recorded for a dog was an English Mastiff  weighing 343 pounds. The dog stood 35 inches at the shoulder and was 8.25 feet from the tip of its nose to the tip of its tail. You could say he was the size of a small donkey.
It is estimated there are between 700 million and one billion domestic dogs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
.
 
.  

11 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Linda with Pam's An Unconventional Alliance! I love a good book blog! Good luck with the Challenge!
    www.publishingbones.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly for stopping by. I will check yours as well.

      Delete
  2. Thea,

    Lots of interesting facts about dogs. Can you imagine a dog that size - over 8 feet long? He'd eat you out of house and home.

    You're little Andy was a cute puppy.

    Sunni

    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are a cat lover and not dog. They sure are lots of company and they can make you smile on a blue day. Thanks sis for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'd hate to have to feed that dog! Love your cocker!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to put that little bit of history in my blog as well. I was shocked about the size of the mastiff. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'd hate to have to feed that dog! Surely do love your Andy Rooney. Cockers are the only dog that I remember from my childhood. Thanks for reading my blog. I'll be back to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first cocker and I love him to death! Thanks for stopping and I will see you soon too.

      Delete
  5. Aww! I find your dog very adorable! :) Great picture.
    I've never had a pet in my life before but I know I'd be scared of touching somebody's pet dog if I ever saw one in person. Haha! I am a pretty scared person when it comes to animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever had a pet you wouldn't want to be without it. They are so trusting and loyal. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. He is a very cute puppy indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.