Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Letter "T" Train

 
 



My Grandmother, God bless her, had a very hard life in many ways. I remember her generosity to help others. The train tracks were across the highway from her house and we were across the pasture from her. Every now and then (my grandmother called them hobo's) someone would show up at her door for a hand out. She would always have them wait outside while she fixed them a nice thick sandwich. She never refused them and always answered her door. The men would eat and then be on their way.

6 comments:

  1. What a great grandma! That's they way they rolled back in the day.

    Hello, stopping in from A to Z Challenge to say hello and thanks again for your continued posting!

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    T is for Telepathy, Telekinesis, and Teleportation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame the trains are on their way out in most places today. Where I am now all they use them for to transporting materials to the factories.
      Feel free to stop by any time.

      Delete
  2. I've only been on a couple of trains and they went less than a half mile, but it was fun. I can't imagine this being the way I travel.

    I'm glad she fed the hobos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was such a great lady. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Thea,

    Mamaw was very kind to the homeless that traveled that way. I wonder if it would be different today because so much has changed since those days.

    It's kind of a shame to see things change.

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great for her to help out indeed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.