Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Letter "J" Jacks and Ball

 
 
 
Do you remember the little ball and jack sets you could purchase at the five and dime store? I remember my grandmother giving me my first set of jacks of my very own. They were in a little blue plastic bag with an airline name plastered on the front of it. I still have that little bag, the ball and jacks long gone. Later a friend of the family gave me a brown leather pouch with big plastic neon jacks inside with a ball. I still have that pouch and a couple of the jacks.
We sure had fun playing with those jacks at home, each one taking their turn. I guess this stuff would be considered an antique today.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I was wondering what J would be. I remember playing jacks well. In second grade my first boyfriend and I would sit on the floor in the bus and play jacks on the way to school, Can you imagine the bus driver letting you do that these days?

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are the only one enjoying these blogs lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved playing with those when I was about 8! Good times. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again!

    Sylvia
    www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.