Monday, October 8, 2012

The Deck of Cards

I always thought the following was very interesting:

  • The ace or the card with one spot tells me that there is but one God.
  • The card with two spots reminds me that the Bible is divide into two parts,
  • the old and the new testaments.
  • The trey - that there are three persons in the trinity.
  • The four spotted card tells me that the New Testament was written by the four Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
  • The five - that there were five foolish and five wise virgins.
  • The six - reminds me that God created the world in six days.
  • Seven, of course, the Sabbath and that he rested on that seventh day.
  • The card with eight spots serves to remind me of the eight beatitudes, perhaps the greatest sermon preached by our Lord. 
  • The nine card tells me of the nine lepers who did not return to the Savior to give thanks.
  • The ten - for the ten commandments.
  • The Jack....the jack is the knave, the Devil who goes about seeking the destruction of souls.
  • The Queen is the Mother of Heaven, the Mother of God.
  • The King, is the Kingdom of Heaven which will be my reward of a good life.
  • But the deck of cards is even more.  The pack is an almanac.
  • There are fifty two cards in the deck, telling me there are fifty-two Sundays in the year.  Add up all the spots and you will find 365 in all, telling me there are 365 days in the year.
  • There are thirteen cards to a suite, which tells me there are thirteen lunar months in the year.
  • In all, there are twelve face cards, which reminds me there are twelve calendar months to each year.
  • There are four suites, hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs, signifying the four seasons, spring, winter, summer and fall.   People see what they  want to see. 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by.