Friday, November 10, 2017

What an ordeal! As I said on my last post my birthday was on the 8th of November. I turned another decade. That 60 mark is close to retirement age and social security and then medicare. I think that is why it bothers me so much. You really are considered a senior citizen. Now with all that said let me tell you about my day:

I got up as usual in this hotel room and got the coffee brewing and the hubbies lunch made and finally got him out the door for work. Next it was the cocker-spaniel's turn. I fed him and gave him his allergy pill as usual. An hour later my day changed drastically. My Andy threw up all day long and then developed a cough.  Of course we don't have a vet here since we are just staying for work so it was off to the animal hospital. (My hubby walked in the door from work seeing me clean up yet another mess). I got on the phone and found an animal hospital about a half an hour away. Now since the time has changed it was pitch black out. My GPS on my phone didn't tell us about all the construction so we had a lot of turn arounds but we finally made it there. When the vet checked him over she asked us if he had been around any other animals. Of course! Where we are staying they had a huge dog show down the road this past weekend. A lot of the people stayed at the hotel where we are with all their animals. I am talking from Mastiff's to little ones. Anyway, by the time we came out of there Andy was given a shot for the nausea thank goodness and 4 scripts. Yesterday we had to go back over there again and get a cough suppressant because the cough was getting worse. He is slowly mending. My husband had planned for us to go out to a nice dinner for my birthday but by the time we got back to the room it was past 9pm. He had to get up at 4:30am the next morning and get to work again. Neither one of us had eaten anything but were very tired so we just went to bed. ( earlier in the day before all this happened I had treated myself to a breakfast for my birthday from Friendly's next door. I didn't get but a quarter of it down before all this started. Needless to say it ended up in the trash.) I don't think I will be forgetting this birthday too soon. Do you?

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry about your dog. It seems they get ill anytime you have a bit extra money. I'm glad you got him to the vet. It sounds like the dog flu. I got all my dogs immunized. Now whether it works is another question.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of a flu shot for dogs. Hmmm.....thanks for that info

      Delete
  2. Thea, you had a mess on your hands. But life tends to throw in curve balls once in a while just to shake things up. I hope Andy is much better now. Perhaps you should do as Ann suggested and get him a doggie flu shot.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrown a curve ball alright! I hope this black cloud moves on. All the years I have had dogs and never been told about the doggie flu shot. Hmmmmm

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.