Saturday, October 14, 2017

Update here:

Well here we are five weeks into staying into a hotel again. Did I tell you we accidentally ended up getting a handicapped room? When I first called for this place I asked for a fridge , microwave and a king size bed. Well I got them all alright. Ha! The girl that made the reservation for us gave us a really good deal too. We don’t pay the usual price so we decided just to stay in this room.

The shower was the first thing to get used to. It is a roll-in one. A person with a wheel chair would just roll in it and seat himself on the chair in there and then take the shower. It has two shower heads. One of the original ones and then the hand held one. I have gotten to where I really like the shower though once I got used to it. You don’t step over a tub and I found out I can bathe Andy in it really easy. I don’t like the looks of the tile in the bathroom so I have taken it upon myself to get the floor scrubbed. We are going to be here for quite some time so I want the thing really clean when you step out of the shower curtain. Since we are a regular they come in every three days to clean the room. But I do get fresh towels every day. Most of the girls here are really nice. The guy that runs the management part of it is younger than me.

I finally bought a electric frying pan to cook in the room occasionally. We are so tired of the same stuff from the restaurant next door. Once in a while though we have an Italian place down the road deliver.

I walk around this place five times every day no matter what the weather does. Plus I go and visit with the help from time to time and of course all the times I walk Andy.

I do miss home though because these four walls get smaller and smaller as the weeks go by. We are hoping to get home for Thanksgiving at least. But the other day Mike came home and said he may have to work the day after Thanksgiving. I hope he takes that day off so we can go home and get some winter clothes too. Otherwise I will be on a shopping spree I really can't afford right now. I brought all sorts of clothes for him not knowing what all the job entailed. More on all this later I guess.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.