Monday, October 23, 2017

I have just gone through a nasty week. I don't like to wish my life away but I hope that black cloud moves forward to someone  else. Ha! 
A week ago last Sunday my dog came down with diarrhea. It just kept steadily getting worse as the day wore on. (I can't change anything in his diet or he really gets deathly sick) I have to give him his allergy meds with a bite of a hot-dog. He usually eats the
Oscar Meyer brand. When I went to the store the week before they didn't have any on the shelf. So I decided just to grab another brand. Hot-dogs are hot-dogs right? I was so wrong! I had to end up calling the vet. I had to boil chicken in the electric frying pan I got for the room and mix it with rice to feed him that for three days. Now I must say this, every time his stomach gets thrown off from anything he breaks out in bumps on his back. Therefore here I am again giving him antibiotics to get rid of that. 
Now it's my turn:
After getting up at a Godly hour during the night to let Andy out (I sweat a lot from hot flashes) I caught a chill It was cold enough to see your breath. When I got up on Monday morning I was so sick. I called my doctor right away and he immediately called me in the Z-pack. (antibiotic). Two days later I called them back and they prescribed a cough medicine. I sounded like I was ready for a pine box at this point. She even told me so on the phone. Here I am at day seven now (5 days on meds and 5 days off) and I still have a touch of this stuff but much better. I am ready to empty the 2nd bottle of cough syrup. I might have to get 1 more. My sinuses are so messed up where my nose bleeds now when I blow it. At least that pine box can wait a while longer.
Now hubbies turn:
He woke up with a toothache and swears he can't miss any work. So I have a call out to the doctor's again (God bless him for working with us out of state). 
I think it is time for a good week. Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Thea,

    Good grief! I better send you an email. That's a mess with the whole family!

    I hate you taking so many antibiotics but I know you are on them a lot for all this stuff. Old age is hell, isn't it?

    Hang in there!
    Love you,
    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hell to get older that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.